All Worlds News

Widow requires inquiry into chlorine pill dying

Widow requires inquiry into chlorine pill dying
15 June 2018 - 1:18 'was also added 321 Viewed.
James McConnell Symbol copyright Wilma McConnell Symbol caption James McConnell died on 11 August 2015

The widow of a man with Alzheimer’s who died after eating chlorine tablets he found in his nursing home has referred to as for a deadly twist of fate inquiry.

James McConnell, SEVENTY TWO, was once a resident at Lomond Court care house in Glenrothes whilst he died in August 2015, a week after consuming the disinfectant pills.

His widow Wilma McConnell, who is now suing the care home, mentioned she sought after answers over her husband’s dying.

The care home stated it was once organising “exactly what came about”.

‘Ulcerated mouth’

Mrs McConnell, from Glenrothes, advised BBC Scotland she still had “flashbacks” to whilst her husband used to be in clinic after eating the tablets.

Symbol copyright Google Symbol caption James McConnell was once a resident at Lomond Court Docket care house in Glenrothes

Mrs McConnell stated the care house had informed her a supply driver, who knew the security code for the principle door, had left a bundle within the hall.

Her husband, who was once recognized with Alzheimer’s in 2012, found and opened the package deal and ate two of the drugs pondering they were robust mints.

Later he mentioned to his wife: “I Am sorry, i didn’t suppose I had done the rest incorrect.”

Mrs McConnell said: “My husband constantly paced the corridors and he came across the package deal, the home instructed me.

“The pills were the scale of a robust mint and he had a candy teeth so he ate a couple of them.”

She mentioned the home was contesting whether or not the chlorine capsules led to Mr McConnell’s dying.

The Crown Workplace stated the procurator financial had gained a report in reference to Mr McConnell’s death and were proceeding to research the case.

On The Other Hand, 3 years after Mr McConnell’s death there has been no decision on whether or not there’ll be a Deadly Accident Inquiry or any criminal proceedings.

Mrs McConnell said she was once disillusioned the Crown Office had no longer but approved an FAI.

Her husband’s demise certificate said he died from headaches of aspiration of pneumonia following ingestion of chlorine pills, ischemic center illness, diabetes and Alzheimer’s.

Mr McConnell, who had simplest been residing at the house for nine weeks, ingested the chlorine capsules on FOUR August. He died on ELEVEN August in Victoria Hospital in Kirkcaldy.

‘Learn lessons’

A spokeswoman for HC-One, which owns the care home, stated: “Our inner most sympathies are with Mr McConnell’s circle of relatives during this very tricky time.

“On Account That Mr McConnell’s unfortunate dying we now have been operating closely with all related authorities to determine exactly what took place so we will be told all classes from this very sad adventure.

“As these discussions are ongoing we are not able to remark further at this time.”

Alan Calderwood, of Thompsons Solicitors, who is undertaking a civil action on behalf of Mrs McConnell, mentioned: “Underneath no circumstances must a prone individual who is in care have get admission to to doubtlessly lethal elements.

“Mr McConnell’s circle of relatives have waited almost 3 years and nonetheless haven’t any coverage that there are now right kind techniques in position at these facilities to stop the same accident happening.”

A Crown Office spokesman said: “The procurator economic has won a report in connection with the dying of a 72-yr-vintage man in Victoria Sanatorium, Kirkcaldy, on 11 August 2015.

“The investigation into the death, beneath the direction of the Health and Protection Department of COPFS (HSD), is ongoing and the circle of relatives will probably be stored up to date in relation to any vital trends.”

VISION STATEMENT ABOUT THE NEWS

BREAKING NEWS
RELEVANT NEWS